Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas projects 2


So I started working on the 2nd batch of stockings for the other part of the family.

I purchased 4 stockings, 2 each of red and 2 of white, that are cotton for $4.99 each at JoAnns, and I want to embellish them.  I have found another Pinterest idea using felt.

I started by finding one of the stockings my mom had made.


cute stocking idea using felt:

Then I cut out 4 green felt, polyester mittens. After which, I used a white pencil to trace letters and embroidered them in red or ecru floss in a chain stitch, I accidentally ended up leaving 2 felt mittens together. See close up to notice the stitching. followed by doing the blanket stitch around the edges to make the edges look neater, while it added a spark of color. They are now glued on. Good start for today.






Oh, and don't try to iron polyester felt. It sticks to the iron. Fortunately, I had some of the cream, glue that rub on it with a soft cloth while the iron is hot. It worked like a charm.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to personalize and embellish your stockings. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF hosted @ Anja Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to buy that same iron cleaner after getting fusible web on my iron--worked great for me too :). Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for personalized stockings!

    ReplyDelete