Friday, April 21, 2017

Alpacas in Canada

During my trip to visit Mom, I found a moose dressed as a Royal Mounted Police at a wayside. 

Here is a photo of Mom and me after church on Easter.  We haven't been together for Easter in many many years. It was special! The minister was so warm and welcoming. 
She really knew her congregation.



I have gotten some sewing done.  First the latest Blockheads with machine applique.



I now have 7 blocks completed... some 40ish ones to go.


I also made a 2nd block for Stash bee. Grays. So subtle and understated elegance. It should be a striking quilt when done by Irene.


But the best part were the alpacas. They came for "treats", and were quiet as can be. They only hum now and then. So fuzzy! It was raining, so we didn't stay long.  These are the girls.  Twenty six are currently pregnant and due in May.  They get sheared once a year and are bread for color and texture.


Here are all the halters for showing. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice gray block! Glad you had an enjoyable visit with your mother. I cherish all my memories of Mom. And the cute alpacas!! What a great, fun post!

    ReplyDelete