Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Fabric acquisitions

Such fun to shop for fabric!     I bet you would agree?

So first up are a bunch of fabrics along with a small roll of Green Bay colors for a 2nd wall hanging.
( Did not include 2 yards of green with gold stars.)
This were carefully selected from Back Door Quilts in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Great owner, 
She always has a deal of buy 3 fat quarters and get one free.   And I needed orange and purple for Halloween. 

Whittles online has great deals and selection of extra wides. The blue dirty looking dots is a Grunge extra wide.  I needed it for the Meadow Mist Mystery.  ( A lap quilt needed 4 and 1/3 yards. ) And I bought 5 yards, forgetting to take into account 108 inches instead of 42. Oh, well , more for another project or maybe the back. The batik fat quarters were a real deal.  The text print was from a friend.

Here are my fabrics cut for the Meadow Mist Mystery. ( Tomorrow I will cut the background.)

And I wanted to show the little progress I made on my embroidery.  Slow and steady wins the race. 


No comments:

Post a Comment