Thursday, January 11, 2018

UFOing away.

I am catching something. Ugh the stuffy nose and scratchy throat are getting to me.  I can't talk very well, but it doesn't hurt.

So last night I did not go to have dinner with the grandkids. My spouse took my food to them. But then the babysitter was already feeding them.  Anyway, a couple hours of free time to myself after ingesting some soup and hot water to drink.

I cut out my sashings for my Meadow Mist Mystery.  Yeah! It is hard to do because it is an extra wide fabric and there are 4 layers.

I cut out my binding for my Dresden Spin. I had already decided to do a scrappy navy edge and had purchased a pack of fat quarters for it. They were sitting on the cutting table ALL FALL.  And then I even attached it to the quilt.  I am SOOO excited to get it to this last stage!  Now for a couple evenings of hand sewing,  and maybe even a label. The quilting is gorgeous.


Here is a sneak-peek of the front side.




Here is the binding work.

2018 is starting off on the best foot.  It feels good to get things moving forward.



Oh, I am starting a new project.  Yes?



There is a quick strip quilt : /Regatta Quilt Sew Along.
And I have a jelly roll just waiting to be sewn for a donation quilt.  Now I just have to get the backing and solid in between.   No deadlines, no pressure.  Straight sewing.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon! Your quilt is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing the finish. Fun strips for your next project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    I missed this post but love your fabrics for the Regatta! I'm sharing on an update next week. I can't wait to see all those pretties in the quilt. Hope you are feeling much better now! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete