Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentines and Blockheads

No, I couldn't celebrate Valentine's Day...home from work with this head cold.

 I baked cut out cookies for work on Sunday, but I didn't get them frosted until today, Wednesday.
Dinner for HB and me was soup; yup, soup from a can. I really laid low and had 2 naps even.
Hopefully, it will go away. SOON.

And it is not that I didn't get gifts to the family... just couldn't wrap/ deliver them. My HB got his last week when they came in the mail. I even had steaks for dinner and strawberries to cover with chocolate. But he was good to me!



But I sewed a little and almost have En Provence together in rows. I should be able to finish those tonight. Then on to the border, at least one.  I don't know if I want the last row of 4 patches only.



And in case you needed motivation or a new project:   Blockheads: coming soon as in March 8.
Lynn Hagmeier, Lisa Bongean, Jo Morton, Jan Patek and Betsy Chutchian are all starting a 6 inch blocks on their respective blog per 48 weeks.  Check out their blogs and sign up to receive notification of when each is put onto their blog.  Yah! Free blocks!  According to Jan Patek,  she is designing a medallion center with 3 by 12 inch applique borders to be available later.   You can get a starter pack from each of them. Disclaimer, Jan Patek's are already sold out.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose for your En Provence quilt. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, your En Provence quilt looks stunning. And I hope you're feeling much better and were able to celebrate Valentine's Day belatedly as your health improved! Thanks for the heads up about the 6" blocks coming out. I've been making 6" blocks from Farmer's Wife, Farmer's Wife 1930s and other sources for a sampler, and maybe I'll find some more goodies to mix in!

    ReplyDelete